Our overseas client wanted to buy a commercial building in Athens with very specific characteristics.
With no knowledge of the Greek real estate market, she was looking for a knowledgeable and reliable partner that could guide her through the entire process from the identification of the property through the final sale and the completion of the necessary.
Our client, a rapidly growing firm in the FMCG sector wished to expand its operations in a neighboring country. The major challenge they were facing was identifying credible partners and negotiating with them the best terms possible.We mapped out the business and legal landscape of the country in question and helped them crystallize their expansion strategy by unearthing and recording the goals their negotiations with possible partners should serve. We devised a negotiation strategy that took into account our client’s financial status and future plans for the region, and were able to close multiple agreements that sparked an 84% revenue growth in the first two years of the subsidiary’s operation.
A major shareholder in a private manufacturing company wanted to retire and sell his share to any of the remaining three partners.
Negotiating the total price of his stake at the company was causing him discomfort since his relationship with the rest of the partners was going back more than 30 years. He believed that claiming what he thought his percentage was worth would force him to become confrontational and alienate his partners. On the other hand, even though he valued the relationship, he wanted to make sure he was compensated fairly.
We came to his aid. We first analyzed the company, its financial data and future prospects and compared it to the rest of the industry. Then we analyzed the interests, motives, alternatives, and bargaining power of all parties as well as any pressure that might hinder each one of them. Taking all these parameters into account, we were able to propose a valuation that addressed the interests of all sides.
To avoid a deadlock resulting from divergent valuations we structured and proposed a contingent agreement, which was finally accepted, that would pay our client 70% percent of his shares at an agreed price, while the remainder 30% would be paid after a year, at which points a premium would be added if certain quantitative targets were achieved.
Commercial DealsOur client was locked into a long-term contract for the provision of software upgrades and technical support for a large IT company. The existing agreement had been poorly negotiated, resulting in a steady decline in profitability to the point where the agreement was no longer sustainable. Their counterpart, even though admitted the agreement had become lopsided, was demanding full compliance to the terms of the contract as it stood.
Would you like to start a project with us?
BCNA offers solutions tailored to our client’s specific set of circumstances that address their business needs and are compatible with their culture.